3.25.2014

Make it New!


 Dress Muse Picks Favorite Spring Trends
                                   
                                        The new coral lipsticks make my skin glow! I love how flattering the new round sunglasses are; I buy the inexpensive ones at Urban Outfitters or Need Supply because I manage to lose or crush them on a regular basis.

                                                              
french striped tees are timeless

everlane.com


ebay
Old Navy
I like the new  silky knife-pleat skirts.  
I thrift a cute one and wear it with a white shirt (rolled sleeves, buttoned up), a french striped tee, or a boxy cotton pullover sweater. 



Really cute would be to add a military style vest.
 I also  wear a linen shift over this skirt and it looks adorable for Sunday dim sum with friends.  Make sure the skirt skims your body to avoid bulk.

 I finish this off with  d'Orsays, another favorite trend this Spring or a pair of Supergas for a super cute casual vibe. Or dare I say it: Birkinstocks?


I pull my hair into a topknot, push my bangs to the side, and I feel modern and easy.  A secret that a folklorico dancer friend once shared: "bun makers," a really easy way to create a full and polished bun without the long hair. I bought mine at the drug store.





 Check out Meagan Murphy at BookShop in  Oakland, on Refinery 29 (one of my favorite sites) I love her "library chic" and that she references Joni Mitchell and Elizabeth David. (seriously!) I think the store's site is cool: Where else could you buy "library perfume"? I'm wondering if I could style a "pop up" shop in my own city in one of the abandoned buildings? I'm inspired! Her blog, Evelyn + Dot is pretty.

BookShop



No comments:

Post a Comment